Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ok seriously - what's with all the saliva!!!???

Coming up to the end of 38 weeks and still no sign of sprog coming out.

I am VERY uncomfortable at this stage - legs hurt like hell and my belly feels like a huge thing I'm lugging around that is not actually part of my body. She is kicking so hard my ribs feel bruised!

My feet have also swollen a bit now, so back to wearing sandals, which is just fine because I'm still hot as hell all the time!

My hands get really numb in my sleep these days too, which is apparently quite common (read more).

But much worse than that is the drooling... it so aint pretty! Excessive saliva is supposed to be a common thing during the first trimester when you're nauseas - but I seem to only have it now. I wake up with my chin and cheek drenched every night! It's really quite gross.

But with all that, I've been quite lucky by not having many of the other horrible pregnancy side-effects:
- Rashes
- Eczema
- Bleeding gums (happened twice only so can't say I've suffered)
- Heartburn (also, had it slightly twice and it only lasted about an hour each time - I am apparently VERY lucky!)
- Stretch marks (already have some from my weight gain and loss over the years and so didn't really care about this anyway)

Had a few weird dreams too - will blog about them in more detail sometime soon...

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Property Girl said...

Only a little more to go! Will you get Justin to post when she's born so we can hear the news?

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger dori said...

I've given him an email list he has to send news and pics to as soon as she comes - and I'll update the blog when I can after I get home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home