Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The end is nigh!


It's 37 weeks and I am done! Ok, not quite - she's not allowed to come just yet... I stop working tomorrow and then want some time to rest. But if I thought I was tired and uncomfortable last week, I had NO idea what tired and uncomfortable was!!!

As you can see from the pic I am "explodinating" in size!

So, the big question now is, how is she coming out???

I've done quite a 180 degree on this... from only considering an epidural caesar in the beginning - I now want to try for 100% natural (although I won't hesitate to ask for that epidural if labour pain is as bad as I expect it to be!).

This is quite a scary option as it makes the whole process much less predictable. She can come at any time!

The hospital bags are packed - we have all the stuff - so now we wait...

4 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

And I'll be in SA for the big event!!!!!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger dori said...

Yay!!!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a brave decision! Having never given birth myself, I can only imagine the experience but feel really proud of you for choosing that option! I'm looking forward to meeting your baby when I am there in December :-) By the way...you look gorgeous!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger dori said...

Thanks! It's weird, I don't feel 'brave' - just doing what feels 'natural' for my body - these preggie chemicals are scary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home