Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

You are what you eat

I always imagined that when I became pregnant I would eat really healthily. I didn't count on the fact that I would have NO say in it! My body is no longer my own - and the sprog don't like vegetables or salad... or chicken. I can sometimes stomach some red meat and fish, but these days I mostly eat:

* Cheese and tomato sandwiches
* Peanut butter sandwiches
* Eggs
* Sweetcorn
* Bananas
* Chocolate
* Ice-cream
* Cereal (mostly Coco Pops) - and not only for breakfast, but also often around 10pm at night!

Not much green stuff in that lot. In fact, it's all rather yellow and brown.

The latest craving is for Cheas Naks (a cheesier version of Nik Naks). These are corn chips that have so much artificial colourant they turn your mouth and fingers bright orange. I can only imagine what they do to my insides - and it's made me have visions of giving birth to a bright orange Radiant Baby (Keith Haring style)!!!

4 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger A shade of Red said...

Ha, ha, don't feel too bad tho. My mum when preggy with me ate 1kg bags of cheese curls....in one sitting. And when laden with my sister it was a combination of sardines with condensed milk or marmite and marmalade toasties.... Now that is something to yuck about :)))

On the other hand, I don't need an excuse to eat cheese naks - yummy!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger dori said...

Sardines with condensed milk???!!! Now that is disgusting.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

Sherine says try eating some raw spinach - it will give the baby some iron and knock the chocolate cravings on the head.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger dori said...

Ugh! Still having trouble with salad and veggies... but will try - thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home