Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Living in the now... one minute at a time

It struck me the other day what the biggest difference is to how I feel now, compared to what I was expecting before. And that is how I am completely and totally living in the moment with Amy, instead of looking ahead in any way.

Maybe it's because she's the first baby and we're really tired or just finding our feet each day with how to do stuff - but it feels like much more of a mental shift than that.

I feel so calm and relaxed about her.

When I was pregnant (and even before), I used to worry about how we'd deal with her going to school and birthday parties and all that crap... and I was nervous about how I'd even be able to drive with her in the car!

It all seems so silly now - and I can't even get my brain to think about later today, nevermind next month or when she's ready for school.

Just enjoying each minute... 'cos it's already flying past!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Pauls said...

it definatly does fly. every day they change and grow as im sure u are starting to see now. you sound like you have totally the right attitude, that makes all the diff i think,Amy will pick up on your "ease". you sound happy, im thrilled 4u :) soon youl wonder how u ever lived without her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home