Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Friday, May 04, 2007

And the clothing saga continues...

I'm on the hunt for maternity tracksuit pants.

I need comfy pants to wear around the house and for yoga. I have been wearing some bigger ones I had from my 'fat days' but the fact is even a bigger waistline is still a waistline and gets uncomfortable after a while.

No such animal as maternity tracksuit pants seems to exist... so I emailed some new mothers and other pregnant women at my work for help. These were the replies:

"Never had much luck with maternity clothes – it’s time to borrow from hubby, big brother or some older relative!"

"I suggest an extra large pair of tracksuit pants from the men’s department at Woolies... coz I've never actually seen maternity ones."

"Last weekend I bought 3 pairs of XXL track pants at Mr Price. OK, so they're a little big for me, but they work!!"

How can there be no such thing? Am I the only person who would buy them? This gives 'niche in the market' new meaning...

So it seems I will need to look like an idiot again and buy extra large men's clothes - oh well, at least I can give them away to the local hobos when I'm done.

4 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

You'd have thought that tracksuit pants would be available in maternity sizes? arse. Maybe they just don't think pregnant women would have a need for them, what with all they stylish caftans and muu-muus available.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger dori said...

He he... exactly!

And most of us are encouraged to keep exercising during pregnancy - what, must we do it naked??!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Tamarai said...

Well.... naked would be interesting...

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. trackie pants are a real winner after the baby is born.. Great for those first weeks when you are not really leaving the house and dont really need to put much emphasis on getting dressed. Mens or womans, hey they are generally not a fashion statement anyhow :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home