Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Name Game

Ok, so now that we know it's a girl, the name search continues...

We are taking suggestions, so please feel free to give us yours. But be aware:

* We are only naming her when we see her, but want to have some ideas to work with.
* Considering the surname, the name must be SIMPLE and easy to spell, but not too boring.
* We are being very difficult and fussy - we know! It's a big decision dammit!

Right - get your suggestions in, either on the blog here or to dori73sa@gmail.com

8 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

I always liked the name Maya.

You are choosing a surname?

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger dori said...

Hmmm... makes me think of Maya the Bee ;>

Um no, what I meant was BECAUSE of the long complicated surname, the first name must be simple and easy.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Property Girl said...

Also always loved Maya. Also realy like Emma, Anna, Abigail, Lily and Gabrielle. Doubt you want the Hebrew names, right?

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger dori said...

Don't mind what the origin is actually - Hebrew, Chinese, French, whatever... was originally quite concerned with the meaning but am not so fussed now.

We both really like Emma too but it's VERY common - there will be like 5 of them in class at school!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

How about Keeley? I am also a fan of the name Abigail, I have to say.

Also:

Danielle
Shanta
Tamika

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Property Girl said...

My sister named her little girl Danielle!
How about Ella? It means Goddess in Hebrew :-) (Although the emphasis is slightly different - here it's pronounced with the emphasis on the last syllable (el-LA).
Also love Anna.
Other names: Roni (Hebrew meaning: "My Joy")
Moran wanted to name Niv "Orian" (meaning knowledge). I liked it, but thought it a bit too fussy.
Also like the name Yasmin.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Tamarai said...

I'm with Lisa. Yasmin is a gorgeous name.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger A shade of Red said...

I'm more a fan of the unisex names... my suggestions are : Alyx / Alexa,
Shayne,
Teagan
Aden.

As for classic names, I prefer the longer ones and Catherine is one of my favourites :)

What's on your short list ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home