Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Great Maternity Wear rip-off!

This issue has been discussed on the blog before, but it needs a re-visit...

The most annoying part of pregnancy is the 'what to wear' issue. Maternity wear is a complete rip-off - and it's mostly really ugly too!

I have bought only 3 proper maternity items so far (all black... the other options being hideous paisley patterns or bright yellow and orange prints - bleugh!):

1 x black skirt - R320
1 x black top - R140
1 x black pants - R200
Total: R660

These were bought at Woolworths and a very nice (but very expensive) place that makes nice maternity wear called 'Looking Swell'.

I have also bought a bunch of nice, non-ugly larger tops and pants from 'normal' shops (where I usually buy my clothes):

1 x blue cotton pants - R80
1 x blue vest - R18
1 x green vest - R18
1 x white shirt - R25
2 x blue tops - R30 each
Total: R201

Don't tell me it's not a moneymaking scam! Grrrr...

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

Oh but it IS a money making scam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home