Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Some of my preggie theories


There's method in nature's madness... here's what I think:

Porridge Brain (or Baby Brain)

There are many theories and arguments about how bad your memory and general brain function gets when you're pregnant. Mine was pretty bad before - now it's just impossible!

There are certain things I remember very easily, like the date and time of my next doc appointment. But I keep forgetting phone numbers I've known for years, and at least 3 or 4 times a day I actually have to think about what day of the week it is.

Here's my theory of WHY this happens: your brain needs to be effectively 'switched off' - all normal brain function must cease.

Or else what you ask?

Or else you will spend the day running around screaming, "There's something growing inside of me!!! Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!"

*

Clumsiness (read more)

It has become a daily thing that I drop my keys as I pick them up. I have almost given up trying to even carry cutlery from the draw to the table as it lands up on the floor 90% of the time.

The other morning I spilled my cereal all over myself, the kitchen table and the floor.

There are 2 reasons for this:

1). To get you used to cleaning and picking stuff up, something I imagine you do a LOT with the sprog.

2). To be more understanding and empathetic when sprog does it him/herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home