Blog the Sprog

It's a very weird thing, making a person. I honestly never thought I'd do it, but here we are... so I'm gonna tell it like it is. It's a very scary and exciting time. Yikes!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Min & Max


The most frustrating thing about sprog carrying is my major drop in energy levels and inability to exercise like I was doing until the sickness and fatigue struck at 6 weeks.

My old pre-sprog routine was:

Monday - boxercise (45 minutes of high level cardio, punching a bag 'til your ams feel like they're gonna fall off and hundreds of sit-ups. push-ups, lunges and squats)
Tuesday - yoga (1 hour of not so much just lying around on the floor like people think)
Wednesday - running, weights etc (10-12 minutes running on the treadmill followed by a series of arm weights, walking lunges, sit-ups and squats - totalling about 45 mins)
Thursday - yoga (1 hour)
Saturday or Sunday - swimming at gym (a minimum of 22 lengths, an average of 28-30, and my best was 40 - done when I was already about 3 weeks pregnant! Time spent in the pool averaged 40 to 55 mins)

Now:
Tuesday - yoga (1 hour of pretty much just lying around on the floor while other people do the class)
Thursday - yoga (1 hour - see above)
Saturday or Sunday - swimming at gym (so far my maximum has been 12 whole lengths and time spent in the pool averages 15 minutes... quite sad and pathetic)

This is not a vanity issue - my lower back is already in constant pain (the only way I can control my birth defect is to exercise).

I also have NO stomach muscles left - it hurts when I sneeze!

So... even though it might bankrupt us, I really want to try go to Preggi Bellies - my body will thank me in the long run I'm sure.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

Has your bladder control slipped a little as well when you sneeze?

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger dori said...

Not yet! But that's probably because I spend half the day on the loo trying to empty the bladder... ;>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home